Photographs of Cheadle in the 1950s
The 2nd Cheadle Cub Pack outside the old scout hut at the top of Bank Street, off Stockport Road. (Photograph believed to be around 1954)
Click on image for enlargement
The 2nd Cheadle Scout Troop on a summer camp in Filey believed to be 1955
The 2nd Cheadle Scout Troop enjoying a barbecue believed to 1955
Abney Hall in the days when it was the Town Hall for the Cheadle and Gatley Urban District Council
A typical winter scene of Abney Hall and surrounding grounds covered in snow
Ducks swim in the pond in Bruntwood Park
Entrance to Buckley Chapel which stood in the grounds of Abney Hall Park until it was demolished in the 1960s
Exterior view of Buckley Chapel which was erected in Abney Hall Park after it was moved from Milnrow in the early years of the 20th Century, but was subsequently demolished in the 1960s
Local boy David Huxley (left) examining a cricket bat containing the signatures of the English cricket team before it was auctioned for charity
Team members of the Cheadle Boys Football Club are runners-up in their league in 1958
Cast members of the Cheadle Congregational church 15-30 drama club during the during the 1950s.
A production of If You Love Susie Like I love Susie being played in Cheadle in 1953.
Local youngsters perform a production of Cinderella in 1954.
A view of the front of Cheadle Green and the War Memorial with Stockport Road in the background.
An elevated view of cars parked next to Cheadle Green with the George and Dragon in the background
Front of Cheadle Green and War Memorial in the foreground and the Ockleston Memorial and the George and Dragon pub in the background
Partial street view of the junction of High Street and Manchester Road with the Ockleston Memorial on the left and the old Haw Bank building at the back
Pupils at Cheadle Primary School are given an entertaining educational demonstration in the main school hall by teacher Mr Richardson
Pupils and teachers in the canteen at Cheadle Primary School. The man standing is headmaster Mr Morgan
A view inside Cheadle Congregational church.
A view of High Street from Cheadle Green towards the White Hart.
A view of High Street eastbound, taken from St Marey's church tower in 1955
A single decker passenger bus travels down Manchester Road on its way into Cheadle.
An old sign Old cottages which previously stood to the north-west of St Mary's church and were previously known as the Priest's cottages
Cottages as they were on Old Road in 1956
An event to mark the coronation of Queen Elizabeth 2 in 1953.
Red Rocks, beyond Mill Lane, as they were in 1955
Numbers 243, 245 and 247 Stockport Road. Number 247 (right) was demolished by a bomb in 1940 and rebuilt in 1947
Number 240 Stockport Road (south side) in 1959. This fine old property was demolished in later years to make way for a new office block
Cars on Stockport Road heading towards Cheadle village, 1955